I was going to install the t&g at 45 degree angles to give it a herringbone pattern but decided to put in some wind braces instead and then run the t&g straight. When I was cutting braces for the frame I needed 24 that were 42" long and 26 that were 48" long. I accidentally cut 50 that were 42" long and couldn't get them to stretch no matter how hard I pulled. This left me with a bunch of 42" braces that I wanted to use as wind braces in the roof but I didn't have time to make the mortise pockets before we raised the frame (I was frantically cutting braces). So after I got the sub-floor in I installed the wind braces and am really pleased with how they look.
I was hoping to have a little more time to finish but the snow beat me. Since it is here I hope it snows lots. We got Thane's snowmachine out today and he rode around the yard a little but we need a bunch more before I get mine out.
North Side of the Barn
With the exception of the peak this side is winterized.
Need a couple of warm days to melt the left and center sections to put ice & water shield on.
Wind Braces with T&G.
The house from the second level of the barn.