Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thane's multitude of careers.....

Last week my friend Eric came up for a few days from Denver to visit his dad; we got together for dinner and Thane added one more career to his list. Eric's dad (also Eric) and his wife Frieda live on a beautiful lake between Wasilla and Palmer that also happens to be right next to an airstrip. Attached to their house also happens to be a hanger that houses Eric's plane.

Thane has flying in his genetics; his Grandpa Kris was a career Navy Pilot and I had an uncle with a few planes as well as a few cousins who fly.

Eric showed Thane where the master switch was so he could turn on the lights and that was it, he was ready to fly! I have avoided taking up flying (even though I would really love to have a plane myself) mostly due to the fact that my family would starve to death if I took up flying. I never seem to get into anything just a little. My track record seems to prove that when I try anything new I jump in with both feet and never look back; despite the cost. From everything I've seen anything with the word "airplane" associated with it costs at least twice the normal cost of most things. I'd be in big trouble!

On the drive home Thane told us that he wants to be a Pilot, a Timber Framer, and a Veterinarian. We told him that would take a lot of schooling, he said that was OK and he was going to be a Timber Framer on Thursdays, a Vet on Fridays, a Pilot on Mondays and take some flying classes on Tuesday and Wednesdays. We were cracking up. Here are a few pictures:








No comments: