Saturday, September 10, 2005

Whitehorse, Yukon Territory

I must admit I just ate the best bison steak I have ever eaten. Come to think of it, it was the only bison steak I have ever eaten......

We arrived Whitehorse after an uneventful trip up the Cassiar Hwy. The fall colors are magnificent, there are some amazing orange trees mixed in with mostly yellow. We didn't get into any snow, although I heard that they have already had snow on the part of the highway that we bypassed.

We stopped by a jade shop that mines and sells jade. They had some amazing slabs of jade and a few other minerals. I bought some small pieces to compare to some of the bigger boulders that we have retrieved over the summer. Aside from one gas stop and a couple of pee breaks the jade shop was the only real break we took all day.

Thane has been great, Sandi took him to a playground to burn a little energy before we strap him back in for the night.

We are going to try and make the Alaska border tonight. I figured in the unlikely event somebody did something stupid tomorrow(as it is Sept 11), I didn't want to get stuck here. It wouldn't be so bad if I were in the middle of the country but I don't want to spend a week in Beaver Creek.

Happy trails.......
Tyson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are missing you guys here during the renunion.

BC